Role and Responsibilities – Summary
Assembles, installs, commissions, repairs and maintains vehicle, plant, machinery, mechanical equipment and products such as to meet production requirements and with the key objective being to achieve goals and objectives of the Hedweld Group Strategic Business Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cost effectively performs general assembly, installation, repair and maintenance of Hedweld product in a timely manner both in house and on-site.
- Initiates purchase order(s) for parts and machines, through liaisons with supervisor & purchasing personnel, to successfully complete Repairs, Overhauls and Services
- Carry out troubleshooting and confer with supervisor to determine malfunction and required repairs
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems and determine malfunction and required repairs
- Seek advice and/or directions from supervisor or management when required
- Inspect work in progress and finished products to ensure products are of appropriate quality and conform to engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic systems
- Carry out low voltage electrical installations and maintenance
- Be proactive in advising management of issues affecting this position
- Adheres to company policies and follows safe working procedures and practices
- Uphold the organization’s commitment to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Assists in achieving ongoing improvements to organizational safety, communication and morale.
- Oversee appointed apprentice(s), ensuring their daily duties and learning requirements are met.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Current driver’s license
- Trade qualified
- The ability to work both unsupervised and in a team
- Sound diagnostic / troubleshooting skills
- A strong work ethic
- A keen eye for detail
- A high level of workmanship
- Experience working on mine sites
- Able to read schematics (hydraulic/Electrical)