Role and Responsibilities – Summary
Supervises and coordinates daily activities in relation to manufacturing, consisting of Fabrication, Processing, Assembly, Blast & Paint, including CNC, Robotics other machinery & equipment with the key objective being to achieve goals and objectives of the Hedweld Group Strategic business plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Management of Human Resources
- Maintain a positive team environment and establish good working relationships with all other staff members.
- Assist management in identifying job requirements and recommended priorities and staffing needs.
- Ensuring that apprentices, work experience students, employees and labour hire employees receive appropriate instruction, training, development and supervision.
- Supervises and if needed revises measurable performance standards.
- In conjunction with Senior Management, resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances for action.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting hours/tallies completed by employees & contractors and assist management in monitoring quality of work, as required.
- Actively participate in any team meetings relating to the operation and produce accurate information pertaining to the meeting.
- Ensure through supervision and guidance the standard of operational working practices are high to ensure compliance with standards.
- Participate in any further education and upgrading of skills required for oneself and other team members through any courses that relate to your/their responsibilities
- Assist with the planning, execution and organizing of an accurate production schedule – JobPack.
- Liaises with various department supervisors, staff, management and sub-contractors to plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Reviews production and resolves manufacturing issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Maintain maximum operational/run times for production equipment, including but not limited to: CNC Machining Centers, CNC Profiling & Laser machines and other plant and equipment.
- Liaise with Production Manager to ensure machinery maintenance programs are implemented, maintained and executed.
- Checks job costing and prepare jobs for dispatch and invoicing ensuring tasks are completed within cost, on time and to acceptable standard.
- Supervise and review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates to plan department operations.
- Ensure through supervision and guidance the standard of operational working practices are high to ensure compliance with standards
- Program and operate CNC equipment and other plant and equipment to perform general fabrication, machining, assembly and repair work when required.
- Holds and documents Pre-Start & Toolbox talks
- Security of the manufacturing facilities, plant and equipment.
- Ensure inspection of work in progress and finished products is conducted to ensure products are of appropriate quality and conform to engineering drawings, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Enter all manufacturing issues/variances through the Quality Data Base (QDB).
- Review and resolve production quality issues through the QDB, to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and work efficiency.
- Supervise manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets company specifications and customer requirements.
- Uphold the organisation’s commitment to Work Health and Safety.
- Contributes in achieving ongoing improvements to organisational safety, communication and morale
- Adheres to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures.
- Abide by safe handling practices when handling and administering chemical or haziest products.
- Ensuring the use of supplied PPE with oneself, team members, other employees, visitors and contractors (i.e. Helmets, glasses, goggles, gloves, boots, Hi-Vis Clothing, etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with state, federal and other government, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in achieving ongoing improvements to organisational safety, communication and morale.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5 years supervisory and people management skills.
- Trade qualifications (Boilermaker/Machinist
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate regulatory environment
- Microsoft Office Suit – intermediate to advanced
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Current driver’s license
- Forklift license
- ERP business system experience (Pronto advantageous)
- Robotics experience (advantageous)
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Knowledge/experience in Jigs & Fixture design & manufacture
- Leadership training and/or Diploma qualified.
Applications close 8th March 2019