Role and Responsibilities – Summary
- Installs assembles, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as ladders, motors, pneumatics, hydraulics & electrical parts, production machines and equipment.
- Provides after-sales product support and operational & maintenance training for customers.
- Assists in achieving the goals and objectives of the Hedweld USA & Group Strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions or dangers and to avoid interfering with personal safety or activities of other workers.
- Visually inspects machines and equipment in operation to fault find and locate causes of malfunctions.
- Discusses equipment malfunctions with customers to determine suitable outcomes.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other issues.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Welding and fabrication as required.
- Correctly operates hand tools, plant and equipment.
- Maintains records of repairs and testing, compiles reports and paperwork for all jobs
- Compile requisition orders for materials and parts required to carry out duties
- Cost effectively performs general installation, assembly, repair and modifications to fluid power systems in a timely manner.
- Ensures company vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained.
- Perform onsite commissioning work of products.
- Performs installation and commissioning of equipment
- Conducts training on site in the use of equipment.
- Investigates warranty issues and works with Business Development Manager to report all warranty issues to Senior Management.
- Liaises with other staff at all times in relation to jobs, requirements and feedback.
- Provides ongoing technical assistance to customers and customer support personnel.
- Assist customer support personnel to help customers use products properly.
- Ability to work as a part of a team or autonomously as required.
- Assists in achieving ongoing improvements to organizational safety, communication and morale
- Upholds the organization’s commitment to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Adheres to company policies and safe working practices
- Ensure the use of supplied PPE with oneself, team members, other employees, visitors and contractors
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Trade Qualification (Plant Mechanic/Mechanic/Hydraulic Fitter)
- Site work experience (preferably in mining/heavy vehicle sector)
- Committed Team Player
- Intermediate computer skills – Microsoft office suite
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport
- Ability to read schematics drawings (Hydraulics/Pneumatic/Electrical)
- Excellent trouble shooting & trouble solving skills
- Forklift ticket
- Pronto experience (ERP System)
- Current OSHA & MSHA training certificate
Applications close 9 April 2019.