Role and Responsibilities – Summary
Installs repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as Access Systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems & ELV electrical systems, production machines and equipment with the key objective being to achieve the goals and objectives of the Hedweld Group Strategic business plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a positive team atmosphere and establish a good working relationship with all other staff members.
- Liaise with supervisor(s) and staff to ensure tasks are completed within cost, on time and to acceptable standard.
- Participate in any further education and upgrading of skills required for oneself and other team members through any courses that relate to your/their responsibilities
- Actively participate in any team meetings relating to the operation and produce accurate information pertaining to the meeting
- Analyses work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions or dangers and to avoid interfering with personal safety or activities of other workers.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment in operation to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Discusses equipment malfunctions with customers to isolate problems.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts or equipment.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Inspects parts to determine salvage ability or method of repairing or reworking parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Reassembles parts.
- Paints machines or equipment when required.
- Directs cleaning, storing, and issuing of reclaimed parts.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Maintains records of repairs and tests.
- Prepares mechanical condition reports and estimates repair times.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs low voltage electrical equipment.
- Adheres to the companies quality management system.
- Cost effectively performs general installation, repair and modifications to fluid power systems in a timely manner.
- Analyses and resolves any issues with fluid power systems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures company vehicles are regularly serviced, registered and maintained.
- Perform onsite commissioning work.
- Investigates warranty issues and resolves in the best interest of the customer and supplier.
- Upholds the organization’s commitment to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Assists in achieving ongoing improvements to organizational safety, communication and morale.
- Adheres to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures.
- Be proactive in advising management of issues affecting this position.
- Follows safe working procedures and practices
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Trade Qualification (Plant Mechanic/Mechanic/Hydraulic Fitter)
- Site work experience (preferably in mining/heavy vehicle sector)
- Microsoft Suite – Basic (Word/EXCEL/Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- A current driver’s license
- Forklift Ticket
- Working at Heights ticket
- People management
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot LV electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems including drawing / schematic interpretation
Applications close 31/10/2018